LLTI Archives

May 2002, Week 4

From:
Date:
Wed, 22 May 2002 16:36:49 EDT
--- Forwarded Message from "Jo:rg Waltje" <[log in to unmask]> ---

>Date: Wed, 22 May 2002 12:44:17 -0400
>To: Language Learning and Technology International Information Forum               <[log in to unmask]>
>From: "Jo:rg Waltje" <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Analog Video Editors (!)

------------------

Ladies and Gentlemen:

We have iMovie, Avid Cinema, Media Cleaner, fast G4's and iMacs, everything
your heart desires -- yet sometimes we just want to make a quick (analog)
edit from one tape to another or splice two/three scenes from a movie
together for a classroom presentation without going through the hassle of
im- and exporting video to/from a computer.

Our old system is getting a bit long in the tooth (two Panasonic VCRs with
Jog shuttles connected through a very basic Panasonic AG-A650 editing
controller),  but I have the hardest time finding a similar (updated) setup
that is purely analog, tape-to-tape.

Does anyone have a hot address or supplier who might be able to help?
Has anyone tried out GoVideo?  I am looking specifically at the model DDV
2120, a machine that claims to be top of the line, with two
players/recorders in one, and the editing board inbetween taken out (or
rather, moved to the remote control).  Who can enlighten me?

Thank you,              Jörg Waltje

---------------------
Dr. Jörg Waltje
Director LRC