LLTI Archives

May 2002, Week 3

From:
Date:
Fri, 17 May 2002 09:52:58 EDT
--- Forwarded Message from "Ron Balko" <[log in to unmask]> ---

>From: "Ron Balko" <[log in to unmask]>
>To: "Language Learning and Technology International Information Forum"    <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: MWALLT 2002 Announcement/Call
>Date: Wed, 15 May 2002 10:56:16 -0500

Greetings to all!

MWALLT 2002 will be held 18 & 19 October @ Concordia College (www.cord.edu) in Moorhead, MN.  The theme for the conference is:  Charting a Course to the World via IT.  I wish to encourage every member of MWALL or any other person who might like to present to contact me.  I have not worked out all the details of the conference session lengths, arrangement, etc. yet, so I will entertain any proposal.  Both Mac & Wintel platforms are supported on our campus.  The conference is, of course, not only open anyone interested in language learning technology but to anyone interested in instructional technology in general.

Moorhead (www.ci.moorhead.mn.us/) is located in northwest Minnesota right across the Red River of the North from Fargo, ND (Yes, THAT Fargo. http://www.ci.Fargo.nd.us/).  As part of our festivities, we will hold the Friday night dinner at the Heritage Hjemkomst Center (http://www.hjemkomst-center.com/) the home of the replica Viking boat that was built near here & sailed to Norway.  Saturday night's dinner will be held at the Fargo Air Museum (http://www.fargoairmuseum.org/) & will have kind of a Big Band ambience.

Northwest & United Express both service Fargo (FAR).  Northwest via a connection in the Twin Cities & United Express via O'Hare.  Driving times to Fargo/Moorhead are a bit long - 10 hrs from Chicago & 4 hrs from the Wisconsin border @ Hudson.

I have not finished the conference web site as of yet, but I will post a note here when I get it done.

I look forward to hearing from any prospective presenters or anyone else with a good idea for a session discussion topic, roundtable, etc.

Have a good summer!!

Ron
Ronald W. Balko
Director, Instructional Media Services
Concordia College
Moorhead, MN 56562 USA
Office:  218-299-3464
Fax:     218-299-3246

This space is reserved for a pithy personal quote
&/or statement - as soon as I have the time &/or
inclination to think of one.