LLTI Archives

May 2002, Week 3

From:
Date:
Fri, 17 May 2002 09:52:50 EDT
--- Forwarded Message from Donnie Sendelbach <[log in to unmask]> ---

------------------
> I had a question about that when I was hired and I didn't know where to
> ask either. My "title" is Director of Language Lab and I had the
> weirdest most unique contract (perhaps like most of you). I am half
> faculty/half staff. What does it mean?
You're not alone.  I'm the same status and have had all kinds of
problems because I don't fit neatly into a category (the computer system
doesn't know what to do with me).
Probably that I get the
> best/worst of both worlds.
Ditto, I'm teaching a 50% load plus run a lab and provide all kinds of
humanities faculty (which numbers 45) support and training including
troubleshooting wired classrooms.  It's hard to provide support when I'm
trying to prep for class or I have students waiting.  Which is the
priority?  I feel like I'm constantly doing the splits.
One problem is it's not clear if and why I should be on a 12 month
contract.  My boss and I are supposed to meet with the Dean about this
before my boss steps down this summer.  If you got any feedback from
anyone else, I'd be interested to get a copy.  I'm trying to collect
info before this meeting, so I have something to back up my complaints
of the load being too much.
-
Donnie Sendelbach, Ph.D.
Director of the Humanities Computer