LLTI Archives

May 2002, Week 1

From:
Date:
Tue, 7 May 2002 16:14:00 EDT
--- Forwarded Message from Mike Ledgerwood <[log in to unmask]> ---

>Date: Mon, 06 May 2002 19:10:19 -0400
>From: Mike Ledgerwood <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Re: #6665.2 Spanish programs (!)
>To: Language Learning and Technology International Information Forum    <[log in to unmask]>

------------------
I would check out http://www.calico.org and click on
the Calico Review for very thorough software reviews.

I personally reviewed the Advanced Spanish DVD ROM and
Systeme-D and you can read "all about them!".  There are other
good reviews of French writing software and the Spanish
equivalent of Systeme-D.

The Northeast Conference on the Teaching of Foreign Language
is planning on putting all of its media reviews on line.  They may
already be up.  URL is http://www.nectfl.org.  While much, much
shorter than CALICO Reviews, without screen shots and notions
of language pedagogy and second language acquisition theory,
their brevity and quoted publisher response may be quite helpful,
too.

Best to all, Mike Ledgerwood

Director of the Language Learning and Research Center
Tenured Professor of French and Technology and Education