LLTI Archives

May 2002, Week 1

From:
Date:
Mon, 6 May 2002 17:06:04 EDT
--- Forwarded Message from johnsoth <[log in to unmask]> ---

------------------
>Kim:

World of Reading (http://wor.com) is supposed to have
computer based foreign language programs. Only a suggestion
for further inquiry. I have not used any of their programs.

 We have found Composicion, by Valdes et al. from McGraw
Hill to be helpful for intermediate high. Not really a
program, but good starters and organizing ideas for writing.

 Also, for process writing, the most helpful "item" has been
"Track Changes" and "Insert Comment" available with Word. It
has helped the students tremendously in "seeing" their
writing process. We have developed several guidelines using
these tools for advanced writing classes.

Hope this helps,

Teresa H. Johnson
Saint Louis University
--- Forwarded Message from kthomas