LLTI Archives

May 2002, Week 1

From:
Date:
Mon, 6 May 2002 17:06:00 EDT
Surveys of this type should be announced here with a URL where they can be filled in....

Please be so kind to respond to the originator directly rather than to the list!

thanks

Otmar

--- Forwarded Message from "Donna Apgar" <[log in to unmask]> ---

>Date: Fri, 03 May 2002 15:34:30 -0400
>From: "Donna Apgar" <[log in to unmask]>
>To: <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: to Community College Lab directors please

------------------

To fellow Community College Lab Managers/Supervisors/Directors/Coordinators

Help me if you will please.

Because of some shifting and all faculty going to a 10 month contract, my administration is trying to figure out what to call me and who I should answer to.  They need me 12 mo.s but am now faculty so this doesn't work.   Of course, I have my own ideas but would greatly appreciate input  from you.   Am having a hard time searching for this
online!

Please answer a few questions.

 What is your title?

 Are you on faculty or admin. contract?

10 months or 12 months?

 Who do you answer to?

 Do you have teaching or other duties?

 How large is your Community College?

 Do you have multiple campuses and a language Lab for each?

 How large is your Foreign Lang. Program?

# of online computer stations?

 Do you also work with ESL students in Lab?

 Is your Lab an open Lab?

Salary range?

Any other info you would like to share?

Thank you!

I am surely willing to send you  the results.    I think we have some peculiarities that are not exactly shared by the Universities.
My admin.will want to know what the other Community Colleges are doing.

Donna Apgar
Multimedia Language Learning Lab
Coordinator
French Instructor