LLTI Archives

April 2002, Week 3

From:
Date:
Fri, 19 Apr 2002 08:05:04 EDT

--- Forwarded Message from "Elena" <[log in to unmask]> ---

>From: "Elena" <[log in to unmask]>
>To: "Language Learning and Technology International Information Forum"    <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Re:      Re: #6620.2 Floating Onscreen Keyboard question
>Date: Thu, 18 Apr 2002 21:23:28 +0100

First you need to install the extra languages. To do so:

----->>>> WINDOWS XP
To add another language
  1.. Open Regional and Language Options in Control Panel.
  2.. On the Languages tab, under Text services and input languages, click
Details.
  3.. Under Installed services, click Add.
  4.. In the Input language list, click the language you want to add.
  5.. Select the check box for the type of text service you want to install,
if multiple options are available, and then click a service in the list.
  If Keyboard Layout/IME is the only type of service available, click an
option in that list.

 Notes

  a.. To open Regional and Language Options, click Start, click Control
Panel, click Date, Time, Language, and Regional Options, and then click
Regional and Language Options.
  b.. Add an input language if you want to insert or display text in that
language. You must select at least one text service, such as a keyboard
layout or Input Method Editor (IME), when you add a new language.
  c.. Add only those languages you will use. Each language you add is loaded
into memory when you start your computer and can affect performance.
  d.. If the Language bar is displayed, you can right-click the Language bar
and then click Settings to open the Text Services and Input Languages dialog
box.

---->>> WINDOWS 2000

click Start, click Control Panel, Regional Options, and then click on the
Input locale tab. Press the CHANGE button and then the ADD button to install
extra languages.

Once this is done, you can switch between languages eithe using the LANGUAGE
TOOLBAR (W-XP) or the LANGUAGE ICON on the application bar (W-2000).
Open the Visual keyboard from the PROGRAMS menu: the display will change
accordingly to the selected language.

Regards

EM