LLTI Archives

April 2002, Week 2

From:
Date:
Thu, 11 Apr 2002 18:15:10 EDT
--- Forwarded Message from "Noel Eyre" <[log in to unmask]> ---

>Date: Thu, 11 Apr 2002 15:52:50 +1200
>From: "Noel Eyre" <[log in to unmask]>
>To: <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Re: #6626 saving streaming audio files

On my computer( PC) with Win NT 4 the real audio files are saved to
C:/TEMP. But I need to copy them from this temporary location to
another, else they will be erased by the system (not certain when).
Hope this helps, if they are not in this location- you should be able
to locate them by name using 'find' on 'start' button.

Cheers Noel

Noel Eyre
School of Languages, Auckland University of Technology
Private Bag 92006  Auckland
+64 9 917 9999 x6007
fax +64 9 917 9978

>>> [log in to unmask] 04/11/02 09:27am >>>
--- Forwarded Message from [log in to unmask] ---

>Date: Wed, 10 Apr 2002 10:47:55 -0400
>To: Language Learning and Technology International Information Forum
>From: [log in to unmask]
>Subject: Re: LLTI Digest - 1 Mar 2002 to 6 Mar 2002 (#2002-34)

------------------
One of my faculty is trying to find a way to save streaming audio
files
(.RAM) to her hard drive.  She has permission from the originator to
use
the material, but first has to figure out a way to get it from the
web to
something a little more permanent.  Any ideas on what software to use

(preferably free!)?  Is this something that Quicktime Pro can
handle?

Thanks.

Sue