LLTI Archives

March 2002, Week 4

From:
Date:
Mon, 25 Mar 2002 17:50:29 EST
--- Forwarded Message from Judy Shoaf <[log in to unmask]> ---

>Date: Tue, 19 Mar 2002 09:31:43 -0500
>To: Language Learning and Technology International Information Forum    <[log in to unmask]>
>From: Judy Shoaf <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Re: #6577 Keyboard trays a good thing??

------------------
A better way to spend money to save space is on flat-screen monitors.
I've noticed that when students don't need a keyboard they usually tuck it
back away beside the monitor. Our furniture is converted tape-lab booths,
and the slanted surface that used to hold the tape players is just right
for the keyboards!
Despite using the old furniture and a rather sloppy installation (in terms
of the wires dangling) people coming into the lab who see the flat-screens
gasp at how new and beautiful it all is...!

Judy Shoaf
University of Florida