LLTI Archives

March 2002, Week 4

From:
Date:
Mon, 25 Mar 2002 17:50:44 EST
--- Forwarded Message from "Yannick Roy" <[log in to unmask]> ---

>From: "Yannick Roy" <[log in to unmask]>
>To: "LLTI-Editor" <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: RE: #6577 Keyboard trays a good thing??
>Date: Wed, 20 Mar 2002 10:35:32 -0500

Hello

Here at Université de Montréal, last year, we built our new facility (120
stations over 4 labs) with keyboard trays. We had some problems with the
purchasing office because trays are not part of the university standard. Our
main argument was to give as much desk space as possible considering that
almost all of lab activities is done with a lab book and note book.

The main concern is always the durability of the trays. Since I've started
as a lab coordinator I have built 2 facilities (on here and one at McGill
university) both facility had trays and I don't recall any problem of
durability. The only problem we got in both cases where installation defect.
But they where fixed.

The main thing for trays, I think, is to pay the price for good industrial
strength one. Witch was over 100 can$

Good luck

Yannick Roy
Technologue de l'éducation
Coordonnateur des laboratoires de langues
DGTIC
Université de Montréal
514-343-6111 poste 5308