LLTI Archives

March 2002, Week 4

From:
Date:
Mon, 25 Mar 2002 17:50:15 EST
--- Forwarded Message from "Claire M. Bartlett" <[log in to unmask]> ---

>Date: Fri, 22 Mar 2002 17:59:32 -0600 (CST)
>From: "Claire M. Bartlett" <[log in to unmask]>
>To: <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Job: Language Technology Consultant at Rice University

------------------
Dear LLTI reader,
The Center for the Study of Languages is looking for someone to take
the position of Language Technology Consultant at Rice. We are a dynamic
team and our faculty is eager to undertake and/or maintain technology
projects for their research or teaching.

I and five others from Rice will be attending CALICO 2002 if you would
like to meet us and ask any questions about the job.

Below is the official description which you can see posted on the Rice
employment web site:

http://dacnet.rice.edu/~humres/Employment/jobdetail.cfm?ID=858

Job Opportunities
    Professional/Managerial
02239 LANGUAGE TECHNOLOGY CONSULTANT / CENTER FOR THE STUDY OF LANGUAGES
Hiring Range: Salary commensurate with experience.

Security sensitive position as defined under the Texas Education Code,
Section 51.215; the successful applicant will be required to undergo a
background check.

The Center for the Study of Languages at Rice University seeks a Language
Technology Consultant to work with the foreign language faculty on the
application of new technologies in language and language-related courses.
The consultant will be responsible for providing support for the Faculty
Development Room, offering weekly workshops, and assisting
language/literature faculty in all their web-based development projects.

Required: Minimum of Bachelor's degree and proficiency in at least one
foreign language/culture; expertise in technology-enhanced language
learning; experience designing and creating interactive web-based
materials; experience with text, graphics and multimedia applications for
instructional purposes; good knowledge of Windows and Apple environments;
experience programming: HTML, JavaScript, Cold Fusion, and databases;
experience with Flash, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Premiere, Real Producer;
experience with non-Western languages (fonts and input). Preferred:
knowledge of testing/assessment; project management experience; advanced
degree in languages, instructional design, education, or a related field;
proficiency in more than one foreign language/culture; and language
teaching experience; programming experience with Cold Fusion, HTML and
SQL.

Rice University is an EEO/AA employer.

Resume and job application must be send directly to the employment office:

Job Hotline: 713-348-6080
Telephone: 713-348-4074
Fax: 713-348-5496
URL:http://employment.rice.edu/
Email:[log in to unmask]

Sincerely,

Claire

Claire Bartlett
Director, Language Resource Center                      Voice:  (713)  348-6156
Assoc. Dir., Center for the Study of Languages          LRC: (713) 348-6157
120 Rayzor Hall, MS 37                                  fax:  (713) 348-6168
Rice University                                         [log in to unmask]
6100 Main Street
Houston, TX 77005-1892                          http://www.ruf.rice.edu/~lrc