LLTI Archives

March 2002, Week 4

From:
Date:
Mon, 25 Mar 2002 17:50:21 EST
--- Forwarded Message from Emmanuel Paris-Bouvret <[log in to unmask]> ---

>Date: Wed, 20 Mar 2002 14:11:28 -0500
>To: [log in to unmask]
>From: Emmanuel Paris-Bouvret <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: position available at Trinity College, Hartford, CT

Hello everybody,

Position available: Director/Manager of the Language Media Center at
Trinity College in Hartford, CT.
Please, direct any inquiry to : [log in to unmask]

thank you,
emmanuel paris-bouvret

>POSITION: Trinity College seeks a Director/Manager for its Language
>Media Center located in the new Library and Information Technology
>Center, to be completed in app. 18 months. The Director will oversee
>planning and operational functioning of the Language Media Center
>facility, will hire and train student workers and will work with
>staff from the Library and the Computing Center to maximize the
>quality of the services provided. The Director will keep faculty
>members from the Department of Modern Languages and Literature and
>the Department of Classics informed about trends and emerging
>technologies as they relate to various levels and aspects of
>language pedagogy. Through workshops, presentations and other
>events, the Director will promote the use of technology in the
>curriculum and provide training for faculty members to facilitate
>its implementation. The Director will plan and help faculty members
>from these departments and others to develop electronic multimedia
>materials to be delivered in a web-based environment.
>
>QUALIFICATIONS: Advanced degree in a relevant discipline. Knowledge
>of instructional technologies and pedagogical resources used in
>language teaching for both digital (Web, PC and Macintosh platforms)
>and analog delivery. Training in language pedagogy and methodology.
>Experience in teaching one or more languages other than English
>highly desirable: familiarity with technical challenges related to
>multilingual computing a must. Excellent organizational,
>communication, and management skills. Extensive administrative
>experience and proven ability to interact effectively with technical
>staff as well as with faculty, students, and administrators.
>
>SALARY AND BENEFITS: Highly competitive.
>
>APPLICATION PROCEDURES: Candidates should send, as soon as possible,
>a complete c.v. (identifying at least three references) and their
>statement of professional objectives, to Professor Kenneth
>Lloyd-Jones, Chair, MLL, Trinity College, Hartford, CT 06106. We
>hope to start on-campus interviews by no later than mid-April, and
>to conclude the process before mid-May: the search will however
>remain open until the position is filled.
>
>Trinity College is committed to Affirmative Action procedures, and
>applications from women and members of minority groups are specially
>welcome.

>FURTHER INFORMATION: <[log in to unmask]>

Emmanuel Paris-Bouvret
Manager of Language Instruction Technology
Departement of Modern Languages and Classics
Trinity College, 300 Summit St.
Hartford, CT 06106
Voice: (860) 297-5282   -    Fax. (860) 297-6261