LLTI Archives

March 2002, Week 4

From:
Date:
Mon, 25 Mar 2002 17:50:19 EST
--- Forwarded Message from Deanne Cobb <[log in to unmask]> ---

>From: Deanne Cobb <[log in to unmask]>
>Sender: [log in to unmask]
>Date: Wed, 20 Mar 2002 14:45:47 -0600
>To: Language Learning and Technology International Information Forum    <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Re: #6577 Keyboard trays a good thing??

------------------
David,
Our present lab does have keyboard trays and has had for years (since
before I was a student here).  Ours are somewhat simple, only a piece of
board suspended underneath that slide and lock into place. (Some are
much more complicated, allowing for turning and adjusting of height).

I have found that ours have worked quite well and offered both comfort
and the opportunity for more desk space.  Any awkwardness is usually
fixable by adjusting the monitor or the chair. We are looking at having
keyboard trays in our new lab as well (whenever that is).

I hope that this helps!
Deanne Cobb
Language Lab Manager
Language Institute
University of Regina

" the only thing he ought to consider, if he does anything, is whether he does right or wrong,
whether it is what a good man does or a bad man."
--Plato

"I will be correspondent to command, And do my spiriting gently."
 - William Shakespeare (1564 - 1616), "The Tempest", Act 1 scene 2