LLTI Archives

March 2002, Week 4

From:
Date:
Mon, 25 Mar 2002 17:50:18 EST
--- Forwarded Message from Damion Renner <[log in to unmask]> ---

>Date: Fri, 22 Mar 2002 11:56:57 -0500
>From: Damion Renner <[log in to unmask]>
>To: [log in to unmask]
>Subject: Voice Recording via http using Java or ?

Hello everyone,
       We are currently developing online placement tests for various
language departments, and would like to provide the ability for students
to record their own voices on the webpage, in the form of answers to short
questions, pronunciation exercises etc.. (using a java applet perhaps),
and to have the recording saved directly to a central server for future
evaluation.  Furthermore, it would be useful to be able to limit/restrict
the allowable recording time (per question or section), and provide the
ability for reviewing (but not necessarily redoing) a recording.
I have found the following resources, which may or may not provide this
functionality:

http://www.vimas.com/
http://www.wimba.com

Any suggestions you have would be greatly appreciated..

         Damion Renner
    Support and Development
Multimedia Centre in the Humanities
     University of Toronto