LLTI Archives

March 2002, Week 4

From:
Date:
Tue, 26 Mar 2002 13:41:07 EST
--- Forwarded Message from Mark Sanford <[log in to unmask]> ---

>Date: Mon, 25 Mar 2002 19:50:02 -0500
>To: Language Learning and Technology International Information Forum               <[log in to unmask]>
>From: Mark Sanford <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Re: #6577.1 Keyboard trays a good thing??(!)

Indeed:

The non-tilting, turning, or changing of height models meet with my
personal approval in those instances where the desktop area is at a real
premium. If the tray is strong and stable.

The pull-out trays installed in one of our classrooms were custom made (and
I'm told were expensive). We get to keep the mouse on them, right beside
the keyboard. Their simplicity of design (and industrial-strength ball
bearing slide rails) produce a reasonably sturdy platform upon which you
may type with wrists resting comfortably.  You must still refrain from
performing your gymnastics handstand on one, however.  Now the desktop
space in this classroom/lab is available for books and note pads.  We even
have the monitors recessed under a thick glass desktop so it's ALL available.

In those cases - like in my office - where I've got enough desktop area, I
still prefer to have the keyboard on the desk, with the mouse beside it.

Best Regards!

Mark

John Mark Sanford
Senior Multimedia Technician
Center for Language Study
Yale University
Tel. (203) 432-0588
Fax. (203) 432-4485
http://www.cls.yale.edu

  like the classrooms of yesteryear.
we've been getting used to for the past nine months