LLTI Archives

March 2002, Week 3

From:
Date:
Tue, 19 Mar 2002 08:08:10 EST
--- Forwarded Message from "Mary Morrisard-Larkin" <[log in to unmask]> ---

>Date: Sun, 17 Mar 2002 22:02:15 -0500
>From: "Mary Morrisard-Larkin" <[log in to unmask]>
>To: <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Re: #6571.1 Chinese software recommendations (!)

------------------
Here is some information about a piece of Chinese Software that was developed by a Holy Cross Faculty member, Claudia Ross.  Mary M-L

 "Traditional Chinese Tales."  is a reader, workbook and CD-ROM for students at the low-intermediate level of Chinese.  It is designed as stand-alone material, and it focuses on strengthening reading, writing (sentence and paragraph level), speaking and listening skills.  The CD-ROM has the text of the stories, sentence-by-sentence and paragraph-by-paragraph audio accompaniment to the text, pop-up vocabulary, and listening comprehension questions.  It also includes text-based grammar cues for on-line reading assistance and links reading comprehension questions to the text.  The reader and workbook are in traditional and simplified characters.  The CD-ROM is only available in traditional characters, and, as I said, it is only available for Macs.  It is published by Far Eastern Publications:
FAR EASTERN PUBLICATIONS
 434 Temple Street
 P.O. Box 208252
 New Haven CT 06520-8252
 Telephone: (203) 432-3109
 FAX (203) 432-3111
 E-mail: [log in to unmask]

>>> [log in to unmask] 03/13/02 08:19AM >>>
--- Forwarded Message from Judi Franz <[log in to unmask]> ---

>Date: Mon, 11 Mar 2002 14:30:32 -0800
>To: Language Learning and Technology International Information Forum               <[log in to unmask]>
>From: Judi Franz <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Re: #6571 Chinese software recommendations

Our Chinese instructors use "Pinyin Master". See
http://liwin.com/pinyinmaster/ for more information. It's Mac only.
We also use Practical Chinese Reader.

Judi

--
Judi Franz, Director
Humanities Instructional Resource Center