LLTI Archives

March 2002, Week 3

From:
Date:
Tue, 19 Mar 2002 08:09:34 EST
--- Forwarded Message from "Carol H. Reitan" <[log in to unmask]> ---

>Date: Wed, 13 Mar 2002 08:25:58 -0800 (PST)
>From: "Carol H. Reitan" <[log in to unmask]>
>To: Language Learning and Technology International Information Forum    <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Re: #6571 Chinese software recommendations(!)

------------------

Our Chinese section also uses Practical Chinese Reader. Here's what
students and teachers like here:

1)Pinyin Master 2.0 (for pronunciation)- This CD-ROM contains sound
tables, drills, practice exercises, and games. (Windows and Mac)

2) CyberChinese -This CD-ROM has video clips of all the Prac. Ch. Reader
dialogs, transcripts in characters and pinyin (and the English
translation), a variety of self-correcting exercises and animated
characters (you can choose the speed of the animated character). You can
choose either traditional or simplified characters to appear in the
program. Students like the videos of the dialogs, particularly because the
sound quality is much better than that on the tapes. (Windows and Mac)

Both are published by Liwin

http://www.liwin.com

Carol Reitan

On Mon, 11 Mar 2002, LLTI-Editor wrote:

> --- Forwarded Message from "Norval Bard" <[log in to unmask]> ---
>
> >Date: Mon, 11 Mar 2002 09:36:18 -0600
> >From: "Norval Bard" <[log in to unmask]>
> >To: llti <[log in to unmask]>
> >Subject: Chinese software recommendations
>
> Hi,
>
> Wow!  We're not quite ready for 'language learning machines' here, but
> one of our Chinese instructors would like some recommendations for
> software packages (CD-ROMs, primarily) that others have found useful for
> elementary and intermediate Chinese courses.  We currently use the
> Practical Chinese Reader as the base for our curriculum.
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> Norval Bard
>
>  **********************************
> Norval Bard, Ph.D.
> Assistant Professor of French
> Director, Roberta I. Myers Language Resource Center
> North Central College
> 30, N. Brainard St.
> Naperville, IL 60566
> ph. 630-637-5125