LLTI Archives

March 2002, Week 3

From:
Date:
Tue, 19 Mar 2002 08:09:39 EST
--- Forwarded Message from Bill Hogue <[log in to unmask]> ---

>Date:         Fri, 15 Mar 2002 01:41:02 -0500
>From: Bill Hogue <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject:      Audio from a Mac to a Sony LLC-9000
>To: [log in to unmask]

I searched the archives and didn't find anything, so perhaps this hasn't
been covered here...

I want to bring the audio output from a computer sound system (in this case
a Mac Performa 5210) into an analog language lab (in this case a Sony
LLC-9000).

Does anyone have any experience/suggestions/ideas either for the specific
combination mentioned here or on the topic of PC audio to analog LL
generally? Aside from the connector differences, which I suspect to be a
trivial problem, what about issues like signal voltage, impedance, possible
line noise and so forth. Does anyone know of a commercial product that
handles the signal differences? Has anyone built an interface?

Our LLC-9000 is about 11 years old and continues to function well. I use it
for EFL listening and pronunciation and I like it quite a lot. I would like
to be able to use the Mac as a convenient place to store audio, to bring in
audio from the internet, and later (if I can get a scan converter) to serve
presentations into the Sony audio and video systems.

Thanks!

Bill Hogue
Kobe, Japan