LLTI Archives

March 2002, Week 2

From:
Date:
Wed, 13 Mar 2002 08:19:44 EST
--- Forwarded Message from "Mariana Pomphile" <[log in to unmask]> ---

>Date: Tue, 12 Mar 2002 08:13:14 -0500
>From: "Mariana Pomphile" <[log in to unmask]>
>To: <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Re: #6570 Computer-delivered audio assignments

------------------
We use SOLOIST (from SONY). For that you need a soloist light in the prof's offices. Here what we do is professors record their feedback and save on the server for the students to listen in the lab.
I hope that is what you were asking.
Mariana

Mariana Pomphile
Director of Language Laboratory
Dunlap Hall 317
North Georgia College & State University
Dahlonega, GA 30597
Ph:  (706) 864-1682
Fax: (706) 864-1485

>>> [log in to unmask] 03/11/02 05:18PM >>>
--- Forwarded Message from Carly Born <[log in to unmask]> ---

>Date: Fri, 08 Mar 2002 16:39:40 -0600
>From: Carly Born <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Computer-delivered audio assignments
>To: Language Learning and Technology International Information Forum    <[log in to unmask]>

------------------

Many of my faculty are looking for a digital solution to working with their
students on oral tests, pronunciation, etc.  I'd be interested to know what
others are using for these purposes.  The one big request is to be able to
add their audio feedback into the files that students record for the
assignment (dual track).

I'll be happy to summarize any information and pass it along to the group.

Thanks.
Carly J. Born
Academic Computing Coordinator
Literature & Foreign Languages