LLTI Archives

February 2002, Week 4

From:
Date:
Fri, 22 Feb 2002 17:47:05 EST

--- Forwarded Message from "Williams, Lorraine" <[log in to unmask]> ---

>Subject: Job opportunity
>Disposition-Notification-To: "Williams, Lorraine" <[log in to unmask]>
>Date: Fri, 22 Feb 2002 10:12:17 -0500
>From: "Williams, Lorraine" <[log in to unmask]>
>To: "LLTI-Editor" <[log in to unmask]>

I've left Saint Michael's College, which was a great place to work, to
take a different position closer to my home. Here is the job description
for the position with SMC. Please direct your inquiries directly to the
Human Resource Department at SMC.

ASSISTANT DIRECTOR OF THE LANGUAGE LEARNING RESOURCE
CENTER/INSTRUCTIONAL TECHNOLOGY SUPPORT

Applications are invited for the position of Assistant Director of the
Language Learning Resource Center/Instructional Technology Support.  As
a member of the Information Technology team, the person in this position
will:

*       Work with faculty on utilizing existing technologies for
language learning and

for classroom and computing lab learning environments and on researching
and

developing new technology.

*       Act as primary consultant to the faculties of Modern Languages
and School

of International Studies for acquisition of language materials,
especially software

and multimedia applications

*       Oversee management of the Language Learning Resource Center, the
Faculty Development Lab, the Collaborative Learning Lab, and other
computer-based classrooms.

Requirements include a Master's degree or extensive education and
experience in one of the following areas:  Educational Technology,
Computer Assisted Language Learning with knowledge/background in
language learning/teaching, TESL, management information systems
technology. The successful candidate for this position will:

*       Demonstrate expertise in current technology and software
applications, especially language learning applications.

*       Have excellent oral and written communication skills.  Teaching
experience a plus.

*       Have supervisory competence.

*       Be self-motivated and able to continuously acquire and integrate
new skills and knowledge.

*       Be able to understand and demonstrate a true service orientation
and to work effectively with a diverse clientele in a collegial,
team-oriented atmosphere.

Complete job description available upon request.  Review of applications
will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
Please send letter of application, resume and three professional
references to the Office of Human Resources, Saint Michael's College,
One Winooski Park, Colchester, VT 05439 AA/EOE

Lori Williams

Director of Instructional Technology

Vermont College of Union Institute & University

(802) 828 - 8503