LLTI Archives

February 2002, Week 4

From:
Date:
Wed, 27 Feb 2002 16:48:22 EST
--- Forwarded Message from Lee Ramsdell <[log in to unmask]> ---

>Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2002 08:43:23 -0700
>To: Language Learning and Technology International Information Forum               <[log in to unmask]>
>From: Lee Ramsdell <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Re: #6554 Headsets

------------------
Hi,

We have been using MB Quart headsets since 1985.  These units have been
proven to be very reliable.  Linguatronics located in Folsom California
market the MBK-800c headset. It would be prudent to order only one unit and
try it in your system.  Last summer we put together a new CALL Lab and did
have a few problems with the quality of the sound.  The on board sound card
did not give a good recording and had to upgrade to a better sound card.
We also matched the electret microphone cartridge to the sound card.
Linguatronics web site is www.linguatronics.comAt 04:51 PM 2/26/2002 EST,
you wrote:
>--- Forwarded Message from "Mary Ohno" <[log in to unmask]> ---
>
>>From: "Mary Ohno" <[log in to unmask]>
>>To: [log in to unmask]
>>Subject: Headsets
>>Date: Tue, 26 Feb 2002 11:22:58
>
>------------------
>Hello.
>
>     We made the mistake of not getting sturdy enough headsets. I also have
>complaints from teachers about the quality of the recording. What do you
>use/recommend and what is the source? Thanks.
>
>-- Mary Kiyoko Ohno

>Carlos Rosario International Career Center & Public Charter School
>1724 Kalorama NW, Suite 300
>Washington, DC 20009
>(202) 234-6522

Lee Ramsdell