LLTI Archives

February 2002, Week 3

From:
Date:
Mon, 18 Feb 2002 19:48:17 EST
--- Forwarded Message from "Jeff Burton" <[log in to unmask]> ---

>From: "Jeff Burton" <[log in to unmask]>
>To: <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Website to practice foreign language vocabulary
>Date: Mon, 18 Feb 2002 11:21:56 -0600

I have developed a free website where people can practice foreign language
vocabulary.  Right now, it is geared toward English speakers and only has
words for French, German, and Spanish, but there is no reason why that can't
change.

It keeps track of what the learner has done and tailors the drills
accordingly.  You can also setup custom lists of words to drill for yourself
or others (great way for teachers to make it easy for students to practice a
set of words for a chapter or unit).

I am looking for help in putting up other languages.  All I need are lists
of words and their translations.  The site can use any language, and one of
the language pairs does not have to be English.

The url is http://www.youknowthedrill.com.  If anyone has any suggestions or
comments, I would appreicate it.  Since I do not monitor this list closely,
please contact me directly.