LLTI Archives

February 2002, Week 2

From:
Date:
Wed, 13 Feb 2002 17:31:57 EST
--- Forwarded Message from Duncan Charters <[log in to unmask]> ---

>Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2002 11:55:29 -0600
>To: Language Learning and Technology International Information Forum               <[log in to unmask]>
>From: Duncan Charters <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Re: #6501 Arabic on Mac OS X? (!)

------------------
I have a developer friend with whom I checked on this question. He kindly
gave me two items, one a direct confirmation from Nisus of what has been
posted, and the other some leads on different text solutions people are
using.

Duncan Charters

>Unfortunately we are at the mercy of Apple. We are developing a
>brand new Nisus Writer in Cocoa, exclusively for OSX and we intend
>to support all languages that Apple supports. However, currently
>Apple has not completed language support under OSX. So the only
>current solution is to use Nisus Writer 6.5 in the Classic mode.
>
>The Nisus Team

Ready, Set, Go Global <http://www.diwan.com>
MuEdit <http://www.hf.uib.no/smi/files/muedit13.sit.hqx>
Word Solution <http://www.hf.uib.no/smi/files/wordsolution.sea.hqx>
TexEdit for OSX
<http://216.25.53.29/trans-tex/software/tex-edit-plus-X.sit.hqx>
Style for OSX <http://www.merzwaren.com/style/>
WorldText

Dr. Duncan Charters
Professor, Language Department
Principia College, Elsah, IL 62028-9799
Telephone: (618) 374-5252    Fax: (618) 374-5465
E-mail: <[log in to unmask]>