LLTI Archives

February 2002, Week 2

From:
Date:
Wed, 13 Feb 2002 17:31:53 EST
--- Forwarded Message from "David Westerhof-Shultz" <[log in to unmask]> ---

>Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2002 12:24:41 -0500
>From: "David Westerhof-Shultz" <[log in to unmask]>
>To: <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Other MI schools purchasing a language lab?

PLEASE RESPOND ASAP IF YOU ARE CURRENTLY INVOLVED IN A LAB PURCHASE, OR KNOW OF OTHERS IN MICHIGAN WHO ARE!

I am in the final stages of making a purchase decision for a new 65-70 position language lab. Upon recently meeting with my university's head purchasing agent I was asked if I was aware of other schools in the state of Michigan who were going through a similar process of shopping language labs.

Apparently the theory goes, if we were able to team up with other schools within the state, known as a "consortium purchase," all involved schools would benefit by improved pricing.

Many thanks in advance for any information you may have.

David

David Westerhof-Shultz
Director, Language Resource Center
Grand Valley State University