LLTI Archives

February 2002, Week 2

From:
Date:
Tue, 12 Feb 2002 17:31:57 EST
--- Forwarded Message from Lee Ramsdell <[log in to unmask]> ---

>Date: Tue, 12 Feb 2002 12:27:01 -0700
>To: Language Learning and Technology International Information Forum               <[log in to unmask]>
>From: Lee Ramsdell <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Re: #6507 Code Free DVD Players

------------------
We purchased a Sampo DVE 611 from DVD City.  It works very well and is
indeed code free.  We have not had any difficulties in playing different
formats. It has the following features:

    Key Video Features:

        Plays Regions 1,2,3,4,5,6 Region discs
        MacroVision Free
        Plays REA and RCE Discs
        Manual and automatic selection of regions
        NTSC and PAL compatible - plays NTSC discs on a PAL TV & plays PAL
discs on a NTSC TV!!!
        Hardware Chip Modification
        Power Supply:100~240 V, 50/60 Hz
        Plays a variety of discs including DVD, Video CD, SVCD, CD, MP3
Encoded Discs
        10-bit Video D/A Converter for sharp video playback
        24-bit Audio D/A Converter for crisp audio playback
        Component Video Output (Y/Cb/Cr) for superior video playback
        Display ratio conversion tailors video images to both standard and
widescreen TV formats (16:9, 4:3 Letter Box, 4:3 Pan & Scan)
        Digital video markers for bookmarking your favorite movie scenes
for instant access
        4X Picture Zoom
        Multi-Language On-Screen Display - English, Spanish, French & Far
East
        2/4/8/15/30X Fast Forward/Reverse Scan
        1/2X / 1/4X / 1/8X Slow Motion Forward / Reverse Scan
        Remote Control
        One Year Parts and Labor

We purchased this unit from DVD City.  Although we are in Western Canada,
the unit arrived 3 days after placing the order.  Their web site
is:http://dvdcity.com/
Regards
Lee

Lee Ramsdell