LLTI Archives

February 2002, Week 2

From:
Date:
Mon, 11 Feb 2002 16:42:38 EST
--- Forwarded Message from Margo Burns <[log in to unmask]> ---

------------------
On 2/7/02, Don Sundheim <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
>I've tried many photo album & media organizer software (IBM PC)
>packages but have come away disappointed from all for a variety of
>reasons.  Either the software creates a proprietary "album" file
>that doesn't allow easy transfer of media or is very  hard to use.
>I'm most interested in being able to easily sort, store, &
>manipulate large numbers of photos. [snip] Any other suggestions
>would be welcome!  Thanks.

For another Mac solution to this, try iView Multimedia Pro (there's a
three-week demo available at
http://www.iview-multimedia.com/products/download.html).  I know that
someone else posted a reply about Apple's iPhoto, but you have to be
running OS X version 10.1.2 in order to run it, while iView
Multimedia Pro runs on Power PCs with everything from OS 8.5 to OS X
(and have an OS X native version). It organizes not only graphics,
but audio,video, vector illustrations, fonts, text, HTML, & PDF. You
can create HTML galleries, text data tables, contact sheets &
Quicktime slide shows, as well as performing single and batch file
conversion.

If you buy it with a digital download, it is $50.  Buy it with a
physical shipment of the CD and printed manual, it's $90.  I got my
copy of plain iView Multimedia as part of a bundle with Toast
Titanium, CD burning software, with an offer of a $30 upgrade to the
full "Pro" version.

I don't see that they have anything available for the PC side, though.

Cheers,
Margo
--

Margo Burns       603-229-4666     [log in to unmask]      http://www.sps.edu
      Director of The Language Center, St. Paul's School, Concord, NH