LLTI Archives

February 2002, Week 2

From:
Date:
Mon, 11 Feb 2002 16:42:24 EST
--- Forwarded Message from Dr Jack Burston <[log in to unmask]> ---

>Date: Sat, 09 Feb 2002 18:48:34 -0500
>Subject: Windows XP
>From: Dr Jack Burston <[log in to unmask]>
>To: Language Learning and Technology International Information    Forum   <[log in to unmask]>

------------------
Please excuse the cross-posting

Dear Colleagues,

I read recently in a computer magazine devoted to WindowsXP about the
existence within XP of a "Compatibility Manager".  In principle, it's
supposed to let you tag legacy software that won't run properly (or at all)
in XP, the implication being that XP would then run in an emulated W95/98
mode.  Has anyone had any experience with the "Compatibility Manager", does
it work?  More generally, how much of the W95/98  software you are using
fails to operate in WXP?  Jack

Jack Burston, Ph.D.
Director of Foreign Language Instructional Technologies
College of Liberal Arts
Temple University
Philadelphia, PA 19122