LLTI Archives

February 2002, Week 2

From:
Date:
Fri, 8 Feb 2002 14:14:18 EST
--- Forwarded Message from Irene Starr <[log in to unmask]> ---

>Date:         Thu, 7 Feb 2002 18:29:19 -0500
>From: Irene Starr <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject:      Re: #6498 Photo album / media organizers
>To: [log in to unmask]
>cc: Irene Starr <[log in to unmask]>

Hi, I've heard that Photoshop has album software but haven't had a chance to
look. Meanwhile at home, on a lesser budget, I have used the
free irfanview.com software to crop, rotate, and adjust pictures and
arles.com software (from http://www.digitaldutch.com/arles/, about $50) to
create albums in html. These can be copied to cd-rom, disks, or web sites.

The software does do what it claims: "...easily create image collections on
the web and manage your images. Arles creates high quality thumbnails,
modifies  images and automatically creates HTML pages. You can either use
the default settings or fine-tune images and HTML options to your needs.
Users have total control over the design of the generated web pages by using
templates. Your images can be protected against copying by adding a text
label to the images. Users can use this to add, for example, copyright
information to the images."

Both are for Windows. I don't think the Arles works with databases. One can
move the  Hope this helps. -Irene Starr