LLTI Archives

February 2002, Week 1

From:
Date:
Fri, 1 Feb 2002 17:29:39 EST
--- Forwarded Message from Judy Shoaf <[log in to unmask]> ---

>Date: Thu, 31 Jan 2002 07:56:01 -0500
>To: Language Learning and Technology International Information Forum    <[log in to unmask]>
>From: Judy Shoaf <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Re: #6491 software to create crossword puzzles

Hot Potatoes has a crossword-puzzle application for Windows. I haven't
looked at them for a while but I was always really impressed with the
sensitivity of the interface to pedagogical problems (e.g. being able to
provide explanations and alternate answers, which doesn't really apply to
crosswords, but also adding sounds, pictures etc. which might be fun).

http://web.uvic.ca/hrd/halfbaked/

Judy Shoaf
Language Learning Center
University of Florida