LLTI Archives

February 2002, Week 1

From:
Date:
Thu, 7 Feb 2002 18:19:06 EST
--- Forwarded Message from Irene Starr <[log in to unmask]> ---

>Date:         Thu, 7 Feb 2002 17:54:50 -0500
>From: Irene Starr <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject:      closing of FLRC at UMass Amherst
>To: [log in to unmask]
>cc: Irene Starr <[log in to unmask]>

Hi Everyone,
Sad news here at UMass... We were informed recently that our Center is to be
closed in June due to severe budget problems. I even received a letter
saying that the closing was unrelated to the fine quality of our work - only
to budget problems.

I read with sorrow about Regis - is this happening elsewhere too?

I had looked forward to seeing everyone in Houston but couldn't go for
multiple reasons.

Take care,
-Irene