LLTI Archives

February 2002, Week 1

From:
Date:
Wed, 6 Feb 2002 10:55:24 EST
--- Forwarded Message from Henry Wilmer <[log in to unmask]> ---

>Date: Fri, 01 Feb 2002 17:39:42 -0500
>Subject: Networking software for Mac Lab
>From: Henry Wilmer <[log in to unmask]>
>To: <[log in to unmask]>

I've been trying for a year to find software that would allow a teacher to
listen in and break in when necessary as a student does oral exercises.  We
do not have a turnkey system à la Sony or Tandberg.  We've got an all Mac
lab consisting of 40 iMac DV special editions, circa 2000.  We use Network
Assistant, which is fine for observing student's as they use their machines,
but you can't talk to them if they have any audio software open.  I've also
tried Timbuktu, but had the same problem