LLTI Archives

February 2002, Week 1

From:
Date:
Wed, 6 Feb 2002 10:55:22 EST
--- Forwarded Message from Duncan Charters <[log in to unmask]> ---

------------------
>We have been using Gilberte Furstenberg's Dans un Quartier de Paris
>for over a year, and in fact this year purchased additional copies.
>However, when trying to install the CD-ROM in other locations on
>campus (to provide greater student access), we discovered that there
>appear to be conflicts with Mac OS9. The CD-ROM is Mac only and we
>are currently still running OS 8.6 in the HIRC Mac labs.
>
>Judi Franz

We have a G3 iMac and a low-end G4 tower installed late last year, and both
run Dans un quartier de Paris perfectly, under OS 9.2 or 9.1 respectively.
It's worth upgrading from the original OS9 to the current version, 9.2.1,
if you haven't done that.  If the issue is that it won't run after being
installed without the CD-ROM in the drive too, that appears to be the case,
so we have had to make the CD-ROM available where the students are going to
use the program.

Duncan Charters

Dr. Duncan Charters
Professor, Language Department
Principia College, Elsah, IL 62028-9799
Telephone: (618) 374-5252    Fax: (618) 374-5465
E-mail: <[log in to unmask]>