LLTI Archives

February 2002, Week 1

From:
Date:
Wed, 6 Feb 2002 10:55:21 EST
--- Forwarded Message from Don Sundheim <[log in to unmask]> ---

>Date: Sat, 02 Feb 2002 14:20:30 -0600
>To: [log in to unmask]
>From: Don Sundheim <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Photo album / media organizers

I've tried many photo album & media organizer software (IBM PC) packages
but have come away disappointed from all for a variety of reasons.  Either
the software creates a proprietary "album" file that doesn't allow easy
transfer of media or is very  hard to use.  I'm most interested in being
able to easily sort, store, & manipulate large numbers of photos.

I might be mistaken, but I haven't noticed photo slide show or organizing
modules in the major photo editing programs.  It would be logical to
include it but even JASC software has it's Media Center Plus as a separate
package.

Two good packages that I've used but which come up short in my opinion are:
 CyPics (www.cywarp.com) and JASC Media Center Plus (www.jasc.com).  The
first seems the most powerful since it does create mdb files that allow you
to use an Microsoft Access database if you wish but I frankly found it a
little confusing to use.

Any other suggestions would be welcome!  Thanks.