LLTI Archives

January 2002, Week 3

From:
Date:
Mon, 21 Jan 2002 17:49:52 EST
--- Forwarded Message from Dr Jack Burston <[log in to unmask]> ---

>Date: Mon, 21 Jan 2002 11:00:09 -0500
>Subject: Decommissioned Sony Audio Lab
>From: Dr Jack Burston <[log in to unmask]>
>To: <[log in to unmask]>,        Language Learning and Technology International Information       Forum   <[log in to unmask]>
>CC: Martin Friedman <[log in to unmask]>

------------------
Dear Colleagues,

In preparation for the installation of a new foreign language computer
facility, we will shortly be dismantling our old Sony audio lab.  The lab is
about 28 years old and consists of  two Sony LLC-5510 MK2 consoles, about 90
Sony ER-5030 audio recorders and a like number of HS-56S
headset/microphones.

If anyone is interested in acquiring this equipment, they would be welcome
to it for the costs of transportation expenses. The official procedure here
at Temple would be for us to first offer it for reallocation within the
University, then failing that, send it off to surplus. Given the
unlikelihood that anyone outside of a foreign language department would have
any use for a decommissioned audio lab, the equipment will almost certainly
end up as surplus. If you can make use of any of it, let me know and I'll
point you to the right person to request it be donated to your institution.

Jack

Jack Burston, Ph.D.
Director of Foreign Language Instructional Technologies
College of Liberal Arts
Temple University
Philadelphia, PA 19122