LLTI Archives

January 2002, Week 3

From:
Date:
Thu, 17 Jan 2002 16:43:05 EST
--- Forwarded Message from Marty Dewindt <[log in to unmask]> ---

>Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2002 09:44:55 -0600
>To: Language Learning and Technology International Information Forum               <[log in to unmask]>
>From: Marty Dewindt <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Re: #6472 VCD (Video CD-Rom) production

------------------
Here is an answer and if you need a bit more help, please feel free to
contact Paula Manker ([log in to unmask]).

The Titanium version of Toast is needed to burn a VCD.  The Toast Titanium
window has 3 buttons. One of the buttons say's "other". If you hold down
your mouse, a menu will appear and one of the options is Video CD.

Roxio makes toast.  If you go to their website  you can find the following
(and only) tech question on VCD:

"My Video CD (VCD) will not play when I put it into my DVD deck.
This information applies to the following product(s):
Toast 5.x Titanium Suite, Toast 5 Titanium
This information applies to the following Operating System(s): Mac OS

Answer
DVD decks do not always support Video CDs (VCDs), or, for that matter,
CD-R and CD-RW media. The deck manufacturer should be contacted to see if
the deck in question supports all of these specifications. Some decks that
support VCDs, do not support CD-R or CD-RW media, and vice versa. Most new
decks are starting to ship with support for all of the above, however older
decks may have issues."

I hope this helps.  I believe version 5.02 or later of Toast Titanium is
required.

Marty