LLTI Archives

January 2002, Week 2

From:
Date:
Wed, 9 Jan 2002 08:10:46 EST
--- Forwarded Message from "Donna Apgar" <[log in to unmask]> ---

>Date: Tue, 08 Jan 2002 12:48:22 -0500
>From: "Donna Apgar" <[log in to unmask]>
>To: <[log in to unmask]>
>Cc: <[log in to unmask]>, <[log in to unmask]>, <[log in to unmask]>, <[log in to unmask]>, <[log in to unmask]>,        <[log in to unmask]>, <[log in to unmask]>, "Anatoli Boukhtiarov" <[log in to unmask]>, <[log in to unmask]>, "Betty Rose Facer" <[log in to unmask]>, "Eduardo Garcia" <[log in to unmask]>, "Robert Emory" <[log in to unmask]>, "Maria Elena Canales" <[log in to unmask]>, "Peter Janssens" <[log in to unmask]>, <[log in to unmask]>,        <[log in to unmask]>, <[log in to unmask]>, <[log in to unmask]>, <[log in to unmask]>, <[log in to unmask]>, <[log in to unmask]>, <[log in to unmask]>, <[log in to unmask]>,        <[log in to unmask]>, <[log in to unmask]>, <[log in to unmask]>,        <[log in to unmask]>, <[log in to unmask]>, <[log in to unmask]>, <[log in to unmask]>, <[log in to unmask]>, <[log in to unmask]>,        <[log in to unmask]>, <[log in to unmask]>, <[log in to unmask]>, <[log in to unmask]>, <[log in to unmask]>, <[log in to unmask]>,        <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: MAALLT Spring Conf. April - Norfolk, VA

------------------
The Mid Atlantic Association for
Language Learning Technology (MAALLT)
Announces:
Annual Spring Conference
Old Dominion University
Norfolk, VA
April 12-13, 2002
Pre conference Workshops: Friday, April 12  1-5 PM
Presentations: Saturday, April 13  9:00 AM - 5:00 PM

This year's theme is  "The New Role of the Language Lab: Options for Everyone"

The theme implies that today's  Language Laboratories fulfill a myriad of services that are "customized" to please the clients:  faculty and students.  Each lab is unique with its own innovations and characteristics.  Gone are the days when Labs resemble each other.  How are we molding our facilities to fit our language instruction needs?    How does technology allow us to customize, individualize, and promote innovative teaching techniques in our Labs and our classrooms?

We invite proposals for presentations, papers, workshops, panel discussions.

Deadline to submit proposals: Feb. 8, 2002. You will be notified of the status of your proposal by February 16, 2002.

Please send a Word or RTF document by email  with full contact information and proposed length of presentation to: Betty Rose Facer    [log in to unmask]     cc to:  [log in to unmask]

 Proposals might include:
* ways we are customizing our Language classes, Language Labs and Services
*specific pedagogical applications of Web and digital technologies
 (testing, student self-assessments, in-class use, etc). ?
*demonstrations of instructional technology projects or tools
*the development & management of Web/digital instructional projects
*The language teacher's digital tool kit
*staffing & professional development needs & projects
*support implications
*student projects and class portfolios
*extending learning beyond the classroom
*collaborative opportunities and projects using new technologies
*innovative software in the foreign language classroom and in the Language Lab
*facility planning

We welcome proposals that would be of interest to a diverse audience of foreign language & ESL educators (K-16) & language technology professionals at all levels.

MAALLT is a regional affiliate of IALLT the International Association for Language Learning Technology. We welcome attendance & membership from all locations.
[log in to unmask]    704-330-6167  FAX: 703-330-6130
MAALLT Website: http://www.georgetown.edu/organizations/maallt/