LLTI Archives

January 2002, Week 1

From:
Date:
Mon, 7 Jan 2002 17:04:15 EST
--- Forwarded Message from David Herren <[log in to unmask]> ---

>Date: Fri, 4 Jan 2002 22:49:41 +0100
>Subject: Re: #6447 RTSP via the QuickTime Streaming Server
>From: David Herren <[log in to unmask]>
>To: Language Learning and Technology International Information Forum    <[log in to unmask]>

------------------
This is not a server side issue...

You could tell the quicktime plugin to use an http stream instead of the
rtsp stream.

Under OS9, you open the QuickTime control panel and select "Streaming
Transport." In that dialog select http rather than rtsp which will cause
the plug in to request the data via http instead of rtsp.

Under OSX, System Preferences --> Quicktime --> Connection tab -->
Transport Setup... button.

A question. Where are you putting the rtsp URLs you're attempting to use
in IE or Netscape? It's not unlikely that they won't understand an rtsp
URL outside of an <embed> tag.

On Friday, January 4, 2002, at 08:15  PM, LLTI-Editor wrote:

> Has anybody had success pulling rtsp files from a QuickTime Streaming
> Server?  I can only get URLs beginning with http to work within Netscape
> or
> IE.  The same files work fine if I plug the rtsp URL into QuickTime
> Player.
> What am I doing wrong?  Is there some setting on the QTSS that I have to
> set
> to RTSP?

/david

--
david herren, shoreham, vermont, usa
Hey Osama! Allah would like a word with you...