LLTI Archives

January 2002, Week 1

From:
Date:
Mon, 7 Jan 2002 17:04:25 EST
--- Forwarded Message from Keola Donaghy <[log in to unmask]> ---

>Date: Fri, 04 Jan 2002 10:34:11 -1000
>From: Keola Donaghy <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Re: #6447 RTSP via the QuickTime Streaming Server
>To: [log in to unmask]
>Cc: [log in to unmask]

------------------
Penei ka OEölelo a [log in to unmask]:
>Has anybody had success pulling rtsp files from a QuickTime Streaming
>Server?  I can only get URLs beginning with http to work within Netscape
>or
>IE.  The same files work fine if I plug the rtsp URL into QuickTime
>Player.
>What am I doing wrong?  Is there some setting on the QTSS that I have to
>set
>to RTSP?

You need to enter the rtsp:// address in the Quicktime Player. Once you
verify the URL go to the save menu and save this file (choose "Save
Normally - with dependencies.)

This file is only a couple of hundred bytes, and the file you put on your
HTTP server and point to with http://

When you click on the link with the http:// url it will serve this file
you created, and (if the URL you had entered in the quicktime player was
correct) the file will begin to stream.

So you don't point directly to the file on your QTSS, point to the file
that points to it.

HTH,

Keola

Keola Donaghy
Hawaiian Language Curriculum and Technology Coordinator
Native Hawaiian Serving Institution Program
University of Hawai'i at Hilo

[log in to unmask]        http://www.uhh.hawaii.edu/~nhsi
Kualono                           http://www.olelo.hawaii.edu/