LLTI Archives

December 2001, Week 2

From:
Date:
Fri, 14 Dec 2001 07:52:46 EST
--- Forwarded Message from Dr Jack Burston <[log in to unmask]> ---

>Date: Wed, 12 Dec 2001 13:51:14 -0500
>Subject: Positions in French
>From: Dr Jack Burston <[log in to unmask]>
>To: Language Learning and Technology International Information    Forum   <[log in to unmask]>

------------------
Dear Colleagues,

Below is a position announcement which I am posting for the Department of
French, German, Italian and Slavic at Temple University.  Please respond to
Professor Devinney at the address indicated bellow and not to me.  Jack
Burston

Visiting Assistant Professor of French (two positions), one year with
possibility of renewal, starting September 1, 2002.  Ph.D.,
native/near-native fluency and demonstrated excellence in language teaching
required.  Strong background in second language acquisition, application of
instructional technologies and development of innovative curriculum
particularly sought, with preparation for teaching undergraduate courses in
language, culture and literature.  Specific areas of scholarship open. Send
letter of application describing teaching and research interests,
curriculum vitae, graduate transcript, samples of student and peer review
of teaching, and three current letters of recommendation of which at least
two must address teaching ability, to:
Margaret Devinney, Chair,
Department of French, German, Italian and Slavic,
Temple University, Philadelphia, PA 19122-2237.

Phone: (215) 204-8226
Fax: (215) 204-7752
E-mail: [log in to unmask]

Review of applications will begin January 22 and continue until the
positions are filled. Temple University is an AA/EOE.