LLTI Archives

December 2001, Week 2

From:
Date:
Fri, 14 Dec 2001 07:44:11 EST
--- Forwarded Message from "Gus Leonard" <[log in to unmask]> ---

>Date: Fri, 07 Dec 2001 09:29:43 -0800
>Subject: DigitalStream 2002 Conference Announcement and Call for Proposals
>From: "Gus Leonard" <[log in to unmask]>

------------------
(Please post/circulate.  Apologies for duplication.)

Dear Colleagues:

California State University Monterey Bay invites you to join Education's
DigitalStream Emerging Technologies in Teaching Languages and Cultures 4th
annual conference, to be held March 21 - 23, 2002 on the CSU Monterey Bay
campus in Seaside, California. (http://iwlc.csumb.edu/digitalstream/)

Our theme for 2002 is:  Paradigm Shift!  Implications of Emerging
Technologies for Teaching Languages and Cultures.
What does it mean to be untethered?  Can language classrooms be virtual?
How much more can we do online with universal broadband access?  Can we
create "Hi-tech" / "Hi-touch" language learning?

Call For Proposals
  Subject areas include:
*Technology Applications and integration in the Language Classroom
*Strategies and Activities for Using Technology in the Language Classroom
*The Use of Technology in Language Proficiency Assessment
*Language Learning Lab Management and Issues
*Distance and Online Language Learning

Proposal Guidelines
1)  All language teachers (K-16) are encouraged to submit proposals.
2)  Limited to 150 words and should be submitted no later than December
15, 2001.
_ Presenters should submit electronic copies of all handouts,
presentations, and final drafts paper no later than March 2, 2002.
_ Final revised manuscript for printing in the Proceedings should be
submitted by May 31, 2002.
Selected manuscripts will be published in DigitalStream 2002 published by
LARC.
3)  Go to our website at  http://iwlc.csumb.edu/digitalstream  to submit
your proposal online or download the proposal form in PDF or WORD formats.
4)  Send your proposal to the Conference Chair, Dr. Yoshiko Saito-Abbott
via e-mail, fax, or hard copy.
        Yoshiko Saito-Abbott, Ph.D.
        California State University Monterey Bay
        Institute for World Languages and Cultures
        100 Campus Center, Bldg 48
        Seaside, CA  93955
        e-mail:  [log in to unmask]
        fax: (831) 582-3885
        phone:  (831) 582-3795

The SouthWest Association for Language Technologies (SWALT), a regional
organization of IALL, will also co-locate their business meeting and
activities at this site during the same time. All SWALT presentations can
be attended by DigitalStream participants. Please indicate SWALT
membership on your registration and proposal. Contact Pat Miller
([log in to unmask]) for more information on SWALT membership.

Gus
Gus Leonard $F0  Language Laboratory Coordinator $F0 Institute for World
Languages & Cultures $F0  Building 48-119 $F0 California State University,
Monterey Bay $F0 100 Campus Center $F0 Seaside, CA 93955 $F0 Email:
[log in to unmask] $F0 (831) 582-4446 $F0 Fax:  (831) 582-3885 $F0 Mobile:
(831) 277-7006 $F0 http://LanguageLab.csumb.edu