LLTI Archives

December 2001, Week 1

From:
Date:
Mon, 3 Dec 2001 13:56:19 EST
--- Forwarded Message from TennesseeBob Peckham <[log in to unmask]> ---

>Date: Sun, 2 Dec 2001 16:41:44 -0800
>To: [log in to unmask]
>From: TennesseeBob Peckham <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Airport problems (TBob)

------------------
an Airport base station to a cable modem homerun outlet (WordStar).
I have an Airport card in a Powerbook, which will probably
successfully connect (once I call for my assigned IP), but my iBook
(older style, but second generation chip delux model) will not
recognize what I know to be a good card (delivered from Apple a few
days ago, and tested).  Before the card was installed, the iBook
would not acknowledge the presence of its Airport software untill it
was reinstalled.

What is my next step in getting the iBook right for the the wireless network?

TBob

Look it up in the Andy Holt Virtual Library
http://www.utm.edu/vlibrary/vlhome.shtml
Robert D. Peckham, PhD
Director, the Globe-Gate Project
Director, the Muriel Tomlinson Language Resource Center
Department of Modern Foreign Languages
Univ. of Tennessee-Martin
http://globegate.org/french/globe.html