LLTI Archives

December 2001, Week 1

From:
Date:
Tue, 4 Dec 2001 15:06:59 EST
--- Forwarded Message from Samantha Earp <[log in to unmask]> ---

>Date: Mon, 03 Dec 2001 14:29:54 -0500
>From: Samantha Earp <[log in to unmask]>
>To: [log in to unmask], [log in to unmask],        [log in to unmask]
>Subject: announcing Blackboard Foreign Language user's group & listserv

------------------
----apologies for cross-posting------

Dear members of the foreign language community,

Over the last couple of years, the foreign language programs here at
Duke have become heavy users of Blackboard's course management system
products.  We have gained a lot of experience in using this, but like
many of you I'm sure, it would be useful to have a more organized way to
share what we are doing and learn about how colleagues are using
Blackboard and have tackled certain problems.

Therefore, I am writing to announce the formation of a Blackboard
Foreign Language Users' Group.  I hope this will be a forum where we can
share information about the various Blackboard course management
products and their features, as well as resources for training, and
documentation.  Beyond that, there are a number of features that many of
us would like to see improved or implemented, and as a group we can be a
strong advocate in conversations with Blackboard about this.

To subscribe to the users' group listserv, please send an e-mail to
"[log in to unmask]", with the message "subscribe bblanguage".  You will
then receive an e-mail with information about the list.

Over the winter break, I will also be putting up a users' group Web
site, which I hope will include links -submitted by you, the users of
Blackboard- to sample courses and materials from institutions around the
country and the world.

Thanks for your attention, and I hope to read you on bblanguage very soon!

Best,
Samantha Earp
Director, Foreign Language Technology Services
Duke University