LLTI Archives

November 2001, Week 5

From:
Date:
Thu, 29 Nov 2001 08:49:08 EST
--- Forwarded Message from Carly Born <[log in to unmask]> ---

>Date: Mon, 26 Nov 2001 16:11:32 -0600
>From: Carly Born <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Re: #6397.13 Course Management Technology(!)
>To: Language Learning and Technology International Information Forum    <[log in to unmask]>

------------------
Perhaps the newest versions of FirstClass are better, but I haven't had
great experiences with it at my previous institution.  The Japanese client
was dropped and unsupported shortly after the institution purchased the
system, and there are no clients for Chinese or Korean.  Without localized
clients, we were unable to share two-byte messages across platforms.

Just thought I'd throw in my two cents.  It would be good to hear that
improvements have been made.

Carly J. Born
Academic Computing Coordinator
Literature & Foreign Languages