LLTI Archives

November 2001, Week 4

From:
Date:
Mon, 26 Nov 2001 16:33:36 EST
--- Forwarded Message from "A. Allen Rowe" <[log in to unmask]> ---

>Date: Wed, 21 Nov 2001 17:03:16 -0700
>From: "A. Allen Rowe" <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Re: #6408 garbled sound-Puntos
>To: Language Learning and Technology International Information Forum    <[log in to unmask]>

------------------
Joan,
We had a similar problem with the Audio for Vis-à-vis running from a
server.  Maybe the problem is with the version of the player you are
using.  If your current version of the player is more recent than the
version used to encode the audio for the server, that could cause the
problem.  This was the explanation from one of the folks in IT.  As to
the CD, is the sound bad when you simply play the CD on an audio CD
player?  If it is, then you might have compounding problems that
obfuscate the solution.

Allen Rowe
Metropolitan State College of Denver