LLTI Archives

November 2001, Week 3

From:
Date:
Mon, 19 Nov 2001 08:49:40 EST
--- Forwarded Message from "Mary Ohno" <[log in to unmask]> ---

>From: "Mary Ohno" <[log in to unmask]>
>To: [log in to unmask]
>Subject: Translation software
>Date: Sat, 17 Nov 2001 16:43:29

Hello.
     Does anyone know of some good interpretation/translation software in
foreign languages such as Chinese, Arabic and French that would convert to
English and vice versa? We would be interested in speech versions
especially, but also text. We are hoping for a higher-end sort that might be
used for international summits, etc. I know that nothing is perfect and can
replace live people, but we would like to use this for workshops,
assemblies, etc. with our lower-level students. How much would it cost?
Where could we get it?
     Thank you!

-- Mary Kiyoko Ohno

Carlos Rosario International School