LLTI Archives

November 2001, Week 3

From:
Date:
Wed, 21 Nov 2001 14:48:56 EST
--- Forwarded Message from Joan Costello <[log in to unmask]> ---

>Date: Tue, 20 Nov 2001 16:55:09 -0500
>From: Joan Costello <[log in to unmask]>
>To: [log in to unmask]
>Subject: garbled sound-Puntos

--------------24CBFBD94CFF887FAC08D843

At UMBC we are having trouble with the sound on the Puntos 6.0 CD-ROM.
It sometimes sounds garbled , like they are talking under water.  It may
start out clear, then garbled then clear again.  We are using Windows 98
on Dell Pentium 3 933mhz  256 ram machines  and running it from the
server.  We still have problems if we run it directly from the CD.  Any
suggestions as to the cause and solution. Our tech folks feel it may be
due to the students adding instant messaging type stuff and it running
in the background constantly.

Thanks for your help.
Joan Costello

--------------24CBFBD94CFF887FAC08D843

begin:vcard
n:Costello;Joan
tel;fax:41-455-3213
tel;work:410-455-3685
x-mozilla-html:FALSE
url:http://www.umbc.edu/oit/imc/imc.html
org:UMBC;International Media Center
version:2.1
email;internet:[log in to unmask]
title:Coordinator, International Media Center
adr;quoted-printable:;;UMBC=0D=0AAC IV 219=0D=0A1000 Hilltop Circle;Baltimore ;Md;21250;
fn:Joan Costello
end:vcard

--------------24CBFBD94CFF887FAC08D843--