LLTI Archives

November 2001, Week 3

From:
Date:
Mon, 19 Nov 2001 08:49:28 EST
--- Forwarded Message from jeanette clement <[log in to unmask]> ---

>Date: Thu, 15 Nov 2001 18:30:18 -0500
>To: Language Learning and Technology International Information Forum               <[log in to unmask]>
>From: jeanette clement <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Re: #6397 Course Management Technology

------------------
Carol,
I have been using Blackboard for a couple of years to support my ESL
writing and grammar classes.  It is very user-friendly and has a multitude
of functions.  For the course designer, the learning curve isn't at all
steep. I haven't used it for chats, either synchronous or asynch., but I
know that function works well.  It also has a great whiteboard.  The email
system is handy as well.  My students have expressed appreciation for all
the support material I've posted for them, and they routinely check for
updates and messages.  I would give Blackboard very high marks.

Jeanette Clement
ESL Program
Duquesne University
Pittsburgh, PA