LLTI Archives

November 2001, Week 2

From:
Date:
Thu, 8 Nov 2001 08:09:30 EST
--- Forwarded Message from Teri Takehiro <[log in to unmask]> ---

------------------
On 01.11.5 12:38 PM, "LLTI-Editor" <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> --- Forwarded Message from [log in to unmask] ---
>
>> From: [log in to unmask]
>> Date: Fri, 02 Nov 2001 08:32:45 -0600
>> Subject: Spanish TV
>> To: [log in to unmask]
>
> My Spanish department has just discovered they (and Russian) are the only
> language that does not have its own 24 hour TV network.
>
> I know there are many Spanish language TV networks available and would like
> to hear from folks who have chosen one service over another.  We are
> looking for a good combination of news and information as well as
> entertainment programming.
>
> Thanks for your help.
>
> Tom Browne
>

> _______________________________
> Thomas Browne
> Humanities Resource Center
> Macalester College
> 651-696-6336

Tom,

We have CineLatino, TV Azteca, and Telemundo for Spanish and NTV for
Russian, all via Dish Network.  We also have the local cable programming set
up in some of our spaces so there is some limited access to Univision.  The
range of channels selected was in hopes of providing the combination of
programming you mentioned.

Teri Takehiro
The Language Center
Carleton College