LLTI Archives

November 2001, Week 2

From:
Date:
Thu, 8 Nov 2001 08:09:22 EST
--- Forwarded Message from Donald Clark <[log in to unmask]> ---

>Date: Wed, 07 Nov 2001 11:12:49 -0500
>From: Donald Clark <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Position available - mine!
>To: Language Learning and Technology International Information Forum    <[log in to unmask]>

------------------
Dear IALLT members!
        I would like to inform all of you (some of you already know!) that
after twenty-five years of service, I shall retire from the University as
of 1 July 2001.   This means that we are now accepting applications to fill
my position as the Director of the Language Teaching Center, a description
of which is offered below.
        You may find information about the Center (and the Language
Laboratory) on our website:
                http://jhunix.hcf.jhu.edu/~ltc/
        I shall be at ACTFL on Friday (checking in at 3 at the Renaissance)
and Saturday should any of you wish to talk to me about the position.
        Hope to see some of you there.
Don Clark

>Date: Thu, 25 Oct 2001 13:37:39 -0400
>From: Suzy Bacon <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Job Description
>To: [log in to unmask]
>Cc: [log in to unmask]
>
> Don,
>
> Here is the job description.  It will be in the "Chronicle of Higher
>Education" four of the 5 issues in November, beginning with November 2nd.
>(It will not be listed in the November 30th issue).
>
> Cheers,
> Suzy
>
> *******************************
>
> Language Teaching Center, Johns Hopkins
>University:       Director        Non-tenure track position, responsible
>for the creation and continuous evaluation of ESL and less commonly taught
>language programs; for the hiring and supervision of faculty to teach in
>those programs; and for the maintenance and improvement of all University
>undergraduate language programs with regard to both technological and
>pedagogical aspects.  The director is also required to teach courses in a
>foreign language or ESL.
>         The successful candidate will have experienced administrative
>skills in budget design and allocation, have professional experience as an
>ESL or foreign language instructor, be thoroughly familiar with the uses
>of language learning technology and its pedagogical implications, and will
>possess, at minimum, a Masters degree in languages or related fields.
>         Please forward applications, including resume and 3 or more
>letters of recommendation by December 15, 2001 to Associate Dean for
>Academic Affairs, 237 Mergenthaler Hall, Johns Hopkins University, 3400 N.
>Charles Street, Baltimore, MD  21218.  The Johns Hopkins University is an
>Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer.

Donald Clark
Director, Language Teaching Center
Krieger Hall, 5th Floor
Johns Hopkins University