LLTI Archives

November 2001, Week 2

From:
Date:
Wed, 14 Nov 2001 11:28:30 EST
--- Forwarded Message from Janet Bartle <[log in to unmask]> ---

>Date: Wed, 14 Nov 2001 09:48:09 +0000
>To: [log in to unmask]
>From: Janet Bartle <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: C&IT Resources Information Day

------------------

The C&IT Centre (part of the LTSN Subject Centre for Languages, Linguistics and Area Studies) is holding a Resources Information Day, at the University
of Hull, Tuesday 18th December 2001.

Visitors are invited (Free of charge to UK HE) to attend any of the day's
planned activities outlined in the programme, below.

For more information please email [log in to unmask] or visit our
website at: http://www.lang.ltsn.ac.uk/cit/services/opendays.html

Programme

10.00 - 10.30      Introduction to the C&IT Centre, the Subject Centre for
Languages, Linguistics and Area Studies, and related projects and
organisations (Janet Bartle)

10.30 - 11.00   Using CALL software and web-based language learning (Janet
Bartle)

11.00 - 12.00  Tour of the Language Institute, and presentation of the
Language Advisory Service and the Open Learning Centre (Marina
Mozzon-McPherson, Senior Open Learning Advisor)

12.00 - 16.00  Free time to try out software, explore suggested web based
resources, consult the library of books and journals, meet with staff etc.
Janet Bartle
Academic Co-ordinator, C&IT
Language Institute
University of Hull, Hull, HU6 7RX
Tel: 01482 466175  Fax: 01482 473816  Email: [log in to unmask]
http://www.lang.ltsn.ac.uk